Sunday, August 23, 2009

Best I ever had

If I didn't know you better, I could certainly predict where you think am heading with this! Well so to say, the mind is a the most powerful tool we possess so keep thinking; more specifically on the best thing you've ever had. Differentiate from what you don't have or the ones you will be having, just focus on what you have or rather had.

Confusing as it seems, this thought has crossed my mind many times and I kept thinking of a good answer incase someone asked me the same question. I could compose a list: first roll with a car, first kiss, first time getting laid, the best present, winning a lottery/medal/certificate, high school graduation, girlfriend, first self made program, best speech/assignment/delivery, ocean dive, beach holiday in summer......the list goes on and on and on! First time for everything, I am sure its the same case even for you out there, but take note to the things I have mentioned, none of which lasts longer than a moment and if they do, you'll eventually get used to, bored and cast them away like a depreciating valuable item.

I can't come up with a better answer to what is the best I ever had, but that was then and this NOW. If there is anything best that I have had, have and will still be having is friends and family, irreplaceable till the end no matter what. I am sure Will Smith must have been fucked up being alone in 'I am Legend' because there is nothing more scarier than that. Just so you agree, I shall run the list down and reveal the importance of friends and family: I had my driver to roll the car with, a kissed a friend in a spur of a moment, getting laid.....well isn't that obvious, winnings happen only with other competitors to prove you the best, any graduation sucks without having friends to celebrate with and so is the beach holiday in summer, program I made had to have someone to brag about to, speeches and assignments are empty without an audience, most likely your friends and family, ocean dive....well I did that alone which is why am sharing it with you now!

It's a butterfly effect out there, your reading my post and at the same time, your probably annoying someone or making them happy, whatever the case, your the best they ever had!

1 comment:

  1. I agree totally... I think focusing on what you have at the moment and what you can get for the future is a more optimistic way of looking at life.. Having said that.. "The best I ever had" moments/achievements also help set up a bar as to how well one can do, how far they can go and that can challenge them for the present and future... After all, we have no present without a past :)

    ReplyDelete