Saturday, August 15, 2009

High times of clubbing life

A clipboard to a bouncer is like a line of coke to an addict. Without what they feel they need in their possession, they’re everything they don’t want to be; weak. Power is a privilege that too many big-yet-hollow-headed hacks take for granted and abuse without knowing any better. What gives them the right to choose? To discriminate? To play God and for what, for a dancefloor? For self-assurance and some strewed form of value? Oh I get it, I get it… they’re doing the hard stuff. They’re making it easier on us by being hard on us, right? Wrong. They don’t know shit, they pick and prod at what looks good and what doesn’t through their own petty perception. You know to know how smart these men really are? Ask them a logical fucking question. See, one of those is like kryptonite to a shopping list hugger, I mean guestlist-supervising son of a bitch. They’ve got some paper but no real thoughts to put on it other than what their ashamed mother requests them to bring home so she can cook dinner. Yes, that’s right, I wouldn’t be surprised if half of ‘em are still living at home but you know what makes me smile, people? It’s how they look exactly like the kind of clown that no decent place would admit entry to. Ironic, ain’t it? And a bit sad too. These days ID’s aren’t important, special occasions don’t matter and neither do the times in which you rock up. It all comes down to either having or not having a dick and if you do… club hopping is like a game of Russian roulette except instead of your life being on the life… your dignity bites the bullets instead.

All this is also a result of our naivity. Too many times we had a session with the bouncers at clubs. There hasn't been a night that atleast once the guys at the door haven't pulled us out cause of the guestlist bullshit, or as we like to refer to it as the "BC-MAH" -- "Bouncers Cover My Ass Handbook". There is only so many times you can be pulled out of the club so that you realise there is something you are doing wrong. Well as for me, or should i say as for our bunch the climax had to be last night 14th August of 2009. I have never been so angry, and the funny thing is I came to realise I was not angry at anyone i was angry with myself, and i could see other guys in the group with the similar feeling.

It was all making sense now, well that bell had to be rung into our ears for a couple of clubbing nights until the message got through. Disappointed and ashamed because we could not learn from our mistakes earlier. Someone slaps you in da face once, Its okay maybe you didn't see him but the next ten times does the same thing while you are standing right there. mmhhh... Makes you wonder.

It's a matter of pride but also not taking these incidents personally 'cause at the end of the day, it happens to many guys all looking for the same thing as us; a fun night out. Is that too much to ask for these days? Apparently so, especially when you can get yourself kicked out of a McDonalds... 'cause ain't that just a McBitch? A McKick in the fuckin nuts....

We have learnt our lesson, if not we, then I have learnt my lesson. Next time we have an occasion, Major factor to consider is careful planning and contigency plan before hand.

YEZZZIR!!!

2 comments:

  1. Epic write up bro. Very true about the bouncers and I think that the McDonalds line is one of the best I've ever read hahaha.

    We've been through almost every bad clubbing experience together but I gotta admit that I disagree about having a contingency plan. Some of the most fun I've had has been through acting spontaneously and coming up with ideas right then and there on the spot. But to each his own I guess. I definitely agree with the rest of the post, keep it coming man gotta share our experiences with the rest of the world lol.

    ...So you in for Tank next friday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. stuff that mate... unless u give me 10girls now... say each of us bring along 2 each then will go to TANK.....

    OOhhh n thanks about the write-up... cnt take all the credit tho, Patricked ripped in some stuff in there too...

    ReplyDelete