Friday, August 7, 2009

Scare of my life

Lately, something happened in my life that really shock me. Last month I was crusing with this girl we actually really had a good time.

Until a couple of weeks ago when I recieved a message from this girl. She told me this, and i quote " Louis, We need to talk". I mean as human beings we always have something going through our minds when a man or a woman says something like this.

I had alot of questions in me so i agreed to meet with her. She came over my house and slowly she told me "louis, i have missed my mensturation for over a week now". I didn't really freak out externally but my heart was punding so hard i could almost hear it. Scared shitless..... i almost thot my life was going to be over.

so i asked her if she did a pregnancy test, she actually told me she went to the doctors for consultation n testing. Doctor told her that the test is negative, BUT, because it was only two weeks in the tests are mostly inconclusive so she was to go back in 8weeks time.

Am sitting there having an internal prayer, now am scared and she is scared. Trying not to look scared just so she doesn't freak out of her skin.... "

To be honest i had no freaking idea what was gonna happen n what to do. but i had to stay positive.

waiting day after day and hour after hour to receive atleast a text that tells me that she has started her mensuration.

It was getting to me, i couldnt eat well, i couldnt sleep or study. reached one pointed that i was gonna convince myself it was going to be alright i even had a planned script of what to tell my Dad, friends and the people around me.

My young adult life was soon to be over, I already started thinking of Daddy responsibilities.

Well one pleasant friday morning which was 7th of August, the girl knocks to my door with a smile on her face and the first thing she tells me was, "Louis my periods have started."

I was still sleepy then so i had a double-take on what she said, i was like "what?". She told me again the same words. The rush of relief that flowed into my body was immense.

I have never been so releived and happy in my life.

Out of all this came the lesson of making conscious decisions, knowing what you are doing and taking the right measures in whatever i am doing in life. Not only when it comes to women.

1 comment:

  1. I gotta say, I do feel deeply 2 what happened to you son. In a way, am glad it happened to you, a very important lesson you just digested there.
    Just 2b more supportive, I gotta admit that the same thing happened to me once. 2 or 3 years back when I was young, naive and so horny that I thought I could keep virginity thieves out of business!
    My story isn't exactly similar but the means justifies the end, therefore the outcomes were the same. Its more like suppressing your own world with confusions that consumes you everyday that you wake up thinking of the abrupt turn of events, no future what so ever and the only light at end that you see is what could have been and not what it is!

    Generation Y, as we can refer to ourselves, it takes a lot to post up such an experience because just a while back, it was a secret kept from everyone.....but what good is it if someone is bound to make the same mistake without at least catching a glimpse of 'Whats to come when they f*** up', bcoz then they will be F***kd up after screwing someone and their LIFE up!
    Lui, am sorry, I get tempted to add my artistic feature in play and I cant help it! Peace out world, Message Sent!

    ReplyDelete